Re: [GOsa] configuring gosa during system installation

On Sat, May 08, 2010 at 05:39:57PM +0200, Cajus Pollmeier wrote:
> Am Samstag 08 Mai 2010, 14:42:48 schrieb Andreas B. Mundt:
[...]
> The ACL entry below keeps a comma separated list of base64 encoded dn's and
> the final access rights that this one gets. If the dn never changes (i.e. it is
> always a fixed user inside of your skolelinux tree, you never have to change
> that.

ok.

> We do it the same way with FAI based "initial" installs. All you need is a
> working gosa.conf, slapd.conf, schema in the right place and a slapadd for the
> minimalistic base ldif. You can go further and make the base configurable, too.
> But this is a bit more complicated in case of unicode bases.
>
> It would be a good idea to add some acl roles to this base ldif, so that users
> don't have to bother with creating ACLs directly. They can just choose from a
> predefined ACL set. This is shown in the ACL screencast of
> https://oss.gonicus.de/labs/gosa.

Yeah, I'm just looking into that, ...

> I mean: students should be able to change their passwords, teachers may not be
> able to do "too much" and superadmins are the most skilled teachers ;-)

right, hehe ;-)

Thanks Cajus,

I played a bit today and all in all this looks very promising to me. I
have the impression that it should be possible to start with a basic
implemention not overwhelming the the guy setting up a single
classroom with 10 PCs in his limited spare time. And on the other hand
allow for further development up to managing the schools in a large
town centrally by a full time admin. Great.

Enjoy the weekend,

      Andi