Re: debian-edu-install.dat.local does not work on tjener.

Dear Petter,

Am Dienstag, den 23.03.2010, 21:47 +0100 schrieb Petter Reinholdtsen:

> The file /etc/debian-edu/www/debian-edu-install.dat.local is only read
> when the script debian-edu-pxeinstall is used to regenerate the pxe
> configuration, and its content is added to the
> /etc/debian-edu/www/debian-edu-install.dat by this script.  The .local
> support was created to provide a way to add local values without
> loosing them when the debian-edu-pxeinstall script is used.
>
> If this is unclear in the wiki, the documentation need to be updated
> to make it more clear.
It is only unclear in the Wiki.
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Lenny/HowTo/Administration#ConfiguringthePXEmenu

In the handbook is right idea but in the section:
17.1.1. Changing the PXE menu on an LTSP server
That seams to be wrong. Or?

But as I read your mail I remember that I have read this before.

Now I know what I must do to get debian-edu-install.dat.local to
work. :-)

But not what we will do with the docu. Sorry for confusing.

regards Andreas