Re: kickerrc

[Joakim Seeberg]
> I guess for the same reasons you want to change from default kde
> applets, administrators might want to change default debian-edu
> applets like iceweasel to Opera. As it is now you can only add
> applets using kiosktool not remove them.

If you want to replace iceweasel with Opera, you want to change
/etc/apt/apt.conf.d/99-edu-prefer-iceweasel too, btw.

I suspect the best way to do this is to actually edit
/etc/skel/.kde/share/config/kickerrc. :(

KDE 3 is not good enough in this regard, and I suspect KDE 4 have the
same problem. :(

Please, someone contact the KDE team to get them to adjust KDE 4.4 to
make it easy to change the default favorite application list (BTW
report #570977) and other parts of the desktop.  We are short on time
if we are to get this solved in Squeeze.

Happy hacking,