Re: NIC bonding

On 13 March 2010 22:37, RalfGesellensetter <rgx@gmx.de> wrote:
> Am Samstag, 13. März 2010 schrieb Nigel Barker:
>> How can I make the dhcp server on ltspserverxx listen on bond0
>>  instead of eth1?
>>
> Hi Nigel,
>
> interesting question - this implies you got bonding working?
> Did you submit any howtos, yet...?

If I perform bonding on a running ltspserver, then thin clients
continue to work. However, when I reboot everything, the clients don't
get a dhcp response.

> Maby there is a way to
> - first rename eth0 to eth2 (or sim.)
> - bond0 := eth1+eth2
> - then use eth0 as an alias for bond0.

I did this already, though it is eth1 I am trying to use (for the thin
client network), and I was unsuccessful.
Do you think I should keep trying to do this?
I suppose I am naively thinking that once dhcp works, all the rest
will follow. It probably won't right?

Anyway I will try the file Petter has indicated on Monday and report back.

cheers
nigel