gEDA packages for electronics category

Hi guys,

I just noted that the "geda" suite is missing from the electronics
category of Debian Edu. gEDA is a pretty competent schematic editor and
netlisting package, and ties up well with the "PCB" package (also under
the gEDA umbrella) which you already have included.

Also, there is "geda-xgsch2pcb" which provides a gschematic -> PCB
work-flow with a small GUI project manager.

The closest you might have alrady is KiCad (one of our competitor
packages). Some people like one, or the other better. In my opinion,
gEDA is a more versatile package in terms of its flexability, but it
holds your hand less in terms of a specific work-flow.

Regards,

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,