Re: Please translate press statement

On Tirsdag 9. februar 2010, tv.debian@googlemail.com wrote:
> Yes, I saw that since the announcement is already out in the open. The
> French page is updated with the latest images and should look (and
>  read) consistent with the original document.

Excellent work.

> Now that I have a foot in Skolelinux translation business, I could have
> a look at other areas, feel free to point me in the right direction to
> the most needed or urgent pages. I have to go through more testing and
> practice before I can write anything really technically insightful
>  about Skolelinux.

Translating is a really good start to begin. Luckily there are a couple of
translation services out there to, making a rough translation from English
to French. Then you can concentrate more on sentence construction etc.

It's three things which I see could be improved:

1. The web site desperately needs a French translation.
    http://www.slx.no/

2. The release manual is not completely translated to French
     I would appreciate if some one could provide a guide where to start

3. Making articles about user stories.
    There is good user stories in schools from using applications
    when teaching different topics or about Skolelinux in general.
    No one have written good stories on that the last 2-3 years.
    We could really need that, since I guess it's great interests
    for it.

I think starting with 1 and 2 is more than enough?

> On the other hand I will get in touch with the existing French wiki at
> http://wiki.skolelinux.fr/PageDaccueil
> Reading a few pages I got the feeling it's really calm there, to say
>  the least...

That's the risk that was taken 3-4 years ago, not getting all the wiki's
"centralised". Having on in Germany, an other for France etc.

Then you get this up-keep issues, where some groups are really active as
in Germany. Others fades away when enthusiasts get other things to be
enthusiastic about.

That said, Skolelinux Developer Wiki's seems to be English only. So I
don't have an update here. I hope anyone else is more updated than I am
... Could someone help with an update?

Best regards

Knut Yrvin
--
Skolelinux, relation manager
cell: + 47 934 79 561, phone: +47 21 60 27 58