Version numbering scheme for edu packages for lenny and squeeze?

When we now start to upload branched packages to lenny and unstable,
what version number scheme should we use?

I suggest we use X.YYY~edu.lenny+Z for the packages brached off from
version X.YYY to go into lenny, and X.YYY for the packages we upload
to unstable.  For every new package we upload into unstable, we
increase YYY by one, and for every new package we upload into lenny we
increase Z by one.

This should give us version numbers following the policy on
<URL:http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/ArchivePolicy>, and ensure that
X.YYY version uploaded to unstable will have higher version numbers
than the packages uploaded to lenny.  When changes are merged from the
squeeze branch to the lenny branch, we update the X.YYY part as well
if all the changes from the squeeze branch were merged into the lenny
branch.

Anyone got a better idea?

Happy hacking,