Re: Debian Edu lenny rc1 prerelease

On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 12:59:13PM +0900, Nigel Barker wrote:
2010/1/23 Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk>:

I don't know much about rsync, but for me I need 2 colons
(.org::skole). Here there is only 1 and on the wiki there are 3!
I dare change the wiki to 2 colons, and add a -vv for some
reassurance, but please undo my changes if I'm wrong.

Double-colon causes use of rsync protocol (i.e. talking to rsync daemon) whereas single-colon uses ssh protocol.

Ok, thanks. But in any case three (from wiki) was giving me an error,
so I changed it to two like the lenny-test line. I'm burning the disc
right now.

Sorry for not clarifying: I did not mean to correct you, just fill in some knowledge since you mentioned to not be confident on the details of rsync syntax.

Yes, your changes sounds reasonable to me (but I am not involved in running that rsync service so others more knowledgable may stop in and add to this :-)

Kind regards,

 - Jonas