NFS bug in the Lenny kernel breaking workstations? (Was: plain lenny logins)
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: NFS bug in the Lenny kernel breaking workstations? (Was: plain lenny logins)
- From: Petter Reinholdtsen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 02 Jan 2010 19:59:51 +0100
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <4ACB02AB.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <4AC986DA.email@example.com> <4AC99F10.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4ACA6FF1.email@example.com> <4ACA9604.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4ACB02AB.email@example.com>
I came across this on the admin-discuss@ mailing list:
> nigel barker skrev:
>> Joakim Seeberg wrote:
>>>> I have seen this on one machine. /skole/tjener/home0 is not
>>>> mounted during startup.
>>>> I have no idea how to fix it accept for: mount -a
>>> Does it happen after a system crash?
>>> cheers joakim
>> Possibly. These are laptops that kids sometimes don't log out of and
>> shut down properly. So home0 is not unmounted you think?
>> Admin-discuss mailing list
> Hi Nigel, I got the following info from itais on irc. There is a bug i
> lenny kernel. To options: upgrade to Squeeze kernel og use the nolock
> option in fstab line of the workstation. I dont have access to my
> workstations at the moment so could you plese test this and report
Anyone know if this kernel bug is still present in the Lenny kernels
we plan to use with the next Debian Edu/Lenny release?
If so, is this issue registered in bugs.skolelinux.org?