Again: Sound on Thin Clients (LTSP 5/Lenny)

Dear list,

it has been decided (...) that our thin clients should work with sound.
Of course, there is is LTSP5 with pulse-audio running (and I remember
having success listening to the KDE startup sound), but it is still
another thing to have sound within browser applications (java, flash).

Did anybody of you succeed so far, to enable this?

Is there a pulse-audio option to minimze the bandwidth (and quality)
of sound transmitted?

Thank you very much,
regards
Ralf