Re: Testing lenny

On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 12:54:41PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Nigel Barker]
> > I don't mean to complain, but I liked it when we could see useful
> > information scrolling by under the penguin.
>
> I believe you can get this back by removing 'quiet' from the kernel
> argument list.

in my experience, i've frequently had to set "nosplash" on the boot prompt in
order to get a working console. when i forget to set nosplash, i kick myself,
as there's nearly always some problem that the splash screen obscures.
sometimes i've had to blindly hard reset the machine, as i had no indication
that it was doing anything after 15-20 minutes, which then results in fsck on
the next boot...

the splash setup may be pretty to look at, but it is terrible if something goes
wrong.

live well,
  vagrant