Re: Skolelinux in Nicaragua

* Norman Garcia Aguilar <naguilarg@gmail.com> [090811 08:02]:

> Hello!!
>
> This is Norman Garcia Aguilar from the Nicaraguan GNU/Linux User Group [0]
> and member of the Debian Nicaragua Community too[1].

you are very welcome!

> Here in Nicaragua (Central America), with all the community, we are working
> in a educational project called "Proyecto Guardabarranco". In this moment we
> are beginning to make the team, make some tests, trying to have our artwork,
> and looking for donations of computers to use it as thin clients.
>
> We want to make a big project, and to introduce free software in a lot of
> public schools in our country, and we hope to do that! :)

nice to hear.

> In this first stage we decide to work with Debian Edu Etch, and when we
> tryed to make son changes (ipsubnet, domain name, computer name) we had some
> problems doing that (thanks to Jose Redrejo, he told me that those changes
> are very hard) so we decide not to change those things. We are downloading
> Lenny to try with this one :)
>
> I'm writing to this list to let you know about the project, once we have
> something implemented im going to put Nicaragua on the Skolelinux Map :)
>
> In this moment we are collaborating with Debian Edu in documentation, making
> the spanish translation of the Etch manual [2] with the help of all the
> community (we have a lot of people who love to collaborate) and i hope that
> the spanish translation be the first collaboration of our group and continue
> contributing to this great project.
>
> If someone wants to know more about the project just let me know and i will
> answer!! :)

Yes, I am interessed to get some mor information, I will check
the links you mentioned first.

Are you interessed on reused hardware?

We have here in Germany a partner organisation which collects
hardware and transfer it to schools in Africa or other nation.

If yes, I will bring you in contact with this NGO.

> Thanks to all the team for Debian Edu, is a good project and we are happy to
> use it! :)
>
> [0] http://www.linuxtour.org
> [1] http://www.debian.org.ni
> [2] http://educa.softwarelibre.org.ni/wiki/DebianEdu/Documentacion/Etch

Thank Norman!

Regards/AmicaLinuxement/Saludos/Viele Gruesse!
Kurt Gramlich
Projektleitung skolelinux.de
--
kurt@skolelinux.de