Re: pushing lenny

> On Wed, Aug 05, 2009 at 03:42:19PM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
>> http://tinyurl.com/edulenny-releaseview lists the bugs affecting our
>> lenny.
>>
>> IMO we should release, once we have all priority 2 bugs fixed, at the
>> moment
>> these are:
>>
>> 1329    blo   P1   last steps before releasing: update release version
>> string
>
> well, that should be easy when the time comes. :)
>
>> 1357    cri   P2   edu etch 3.0r1 netinstaller is broken due to new
>> debian
>
> i don't think this should stall a lenny release...
>
>> 1328    cri   P2   Default browser (Iceweasel) refuses to connect to
>> https
>
> i *think* this is fixed, at least with the last installs i did. but maybe
> the
> issue is more complex than i realize, or the solution isn't satisfactory?

I just installed a tjener from DVD and have no problems connecting.

>> 1270    maj   P2   lwat #14: samba groupmaps are missing after instal...
>> 1289    maj   P2   links point to https://www but the cert says
>> tjener.intern
>
>> 1315    maj   P2   Choose debian edu profile in text mode debian-edu
>> expert:..
>
> i hear rumours this is fixed, but haven't confirmed myself.
>
>> 1351    nor   P2   LWAT upgrade results in faulty configuration
>
>> 1354    nor   P2   Installation of ltspserver-profile stops.
>
> this one perplexes me- i don't see it on the netinst, but i did see it on
> the
> few DVD installs i was able to do during debconf.
>
>> Are there any other bugs you consider release critical and which should
>> be
>> raised to priority 2?

What is the reason that a lenny workstation doesn't work with an etch
tjener? (user can't log in, as though machine not entered in lwat, but it
is)

Is there any documentation for migrating data onto a new tjener? (etch to
lenny)

sorry I only have questions.

nigel