RE: testing lenny

Hi Valerio,

[Valerio Pachera - Thursday, July 16, 2009 5:52 PM]

> After installation there was a message about dns. I didn't write it
> down and I was wondering if it's possibile to find it somewhere so I
> can report it. I rebooted the server but it didn't pop up again.

This message is produced by the 'firstboot' script, it uses a temporary file and removes it as soon as one of the buttons is clicked.
To rerun the script look for it under /usr/lib/debian-edu-install/, to save the output you need to copy the temporary file _before_ clicking any of the buttons:
cp /tmp/firstboot/errors DESTINATION_OF_YOUR_CHOICE

Alternatively, run 'debian-edu-test-install' to reproduce the messages regarding DNS and
grep error: /var/log/installer/syslog
to find other errors that has occurred during installation.

Also see bug 1352 regarding reported DNS errors.

Ciao, Odd.