Debian Edu in Indian Schools

Hi,

I'm happy to announce our decision to adopt Debian Edu for GNU/Linux
in Schools. This is part of ICT@School project of Karnataka state in
South India. We are still in the initial stages of the project. We
would like to work closely with debian edu and bring an official
flavour (not sure if it the correct terminology - it would be like
skolelinux or linex). With some help from irc, I have been able to
build cd images (lenny test dvd). I am currently maintaining Malayalam
translations of debian installer and some debconf templates. I have
been following many debian lists for some time.

Some immediate targets I have in mind,

1) We would like to have Open Office 3 from backports as default. I
made a dvd image using local hooks for including backports (pointed
LOCALDEBS to backports repository and renamed section and code name to
local and lenny), but any help in doing it as another optional hook
similar to LOCAL would be great.
2) Is there a list of artwork customisation done by debian edu that we
can use? We would like to use our on artwork.

Looking forward to working with you.

Regards
Praveen (j4v4m4n on irc)
--