Fwd: GSOC 2009 Proposal for KEduca

for your information: KEduca has a chance to survive.

Subject: GSOC 2009 Proposal for KEduca
Date: Freitag 20 März 2009
From: 王柯龙 <wklbuaa@gmail.com>
To: kde-devel@kde.org

Hello everyone here!
I have some ideas on the project: Sets of question .
A brief explanation: Teacher would like to create a geography test. Five
questions will be about flags (set 1), five about language (set 2) and
another five about culture (set 3). Teacher has more than 5 questions in
each issue and he would like to each student answer to randomly taken 5
question from each issue, but general structure of test has to be 5 (flags)
- 5 (language) - 5 (culture).All the questions has to be stored in exam
file.
Expected results: Teacher can create some sets of questions and determine of
how many questions in the every issue test will be built. Some questions may
not belong to a any set (or belong to set called e.g. "general") so each
student will answer to these.
This project is listed on the idea list, but I can not find out who is the
mentor or creator of this project:) so I just choose to send an email to say
my proposal on this project.
First of all, I think this is a software used for testing students, so it
should run on the teacher's computer. When it finishes generating some
questions, it will print the paper for the test.

I noticed the teacher wants to create some sets of questions, I don't know
whether the questions in a this set should be different from another one. I
think it should, but if not demand to be, please let me know:)
In terms of update the questions in the database. I think the teacher can
just write a file contains a set of questions and export it into database by
just pressing a button. Or the teacher can press the button 'create test' by
importing the questions one by one into the database.

Anybody here want discuss about this proposal, please contact me=)