Re: To Merge or not to Merge.:: Merging partitions, for cd building.

Hi,

On Montag, 2. März 2009, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> I would strongly recommend against this one, as it would allow users
> to break the automatic build by filling up the partition,

While I have seen this argument several times, I have not seen this happening.

What I have seen several times a year, is that we are shooting ourselves in
the foot with this overly complex partitioning.

> and make it
> harder to track how much space the cinelerra people are using compared
> to the debian edu people.

running "du -shc $cinelerra_dir ; du -shc $debian-edu_dir" once a month per
cron aint hard.

regards,
	Holger