Re: Summary from the irc meeting 2009-12-18

On Saturday 19 December 2009 17:14 Jürgen Leibner wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> the summary of the IRC-Meeting from yesterday can be found here:
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Meeting/20091218
>
> The irc log can is available here:
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Meeting/20091218/log
>
> With best regards, Jürgen Leibner

... and for those friends, who do not follow links and/or are reading
their mail offline:

Meeting agenda

   1. Who moderates the meeting and who writes the summary?
   2. Lenny status
      1. 1376: Removable media (like usb sticks) inserted into ltsp
         server show up on ltsp clients
      2. 1383: usernames are caseinsensitive during login
      3. 1398: DHCP server stops unexpectedly after less then 24
         hours
      4. 1404: Gnash are filling up .xsession-errors
      5. 1270: lwat-ticket #14: samba groupmaps are missing after
         installation
      6. 1370:sound should work on thin clients
   3. RC1 for xmas? (alpha3 before..)
   4. other business?
      1. new website
   5. Next meeting?
      1. next tuesday?

Participants

   1. h01ger = Holger Levsen
   2. pere = Petter Reinholdtsen
   3. itais = José L. Redrejo
   4. debalance = Philipp Huebner
   5. vagrantc = Vagrant Cascadian
   6. klausade = klaus ade johnstad
   7. OleA = Ole A Andreasen
   8. jever = Jürgen Leibner

Meeting summary

1. Who will write the summary?
   * jever volunteers for the summary

2. Status lenny
    * http://tinyurl.com/edulenny-releaseview-1

2.1 Status lenny - #1376: Removable media (like usb sticks) inserted
    into ltsp server show up on ltsp clients
    * documenting #1376 is enough to lower the severity of it to p3.
    then it shouldnt be closed but treated as p3 (and possibly fixed)

2.1 Status lenny - #1383: usernames are caseinsensitive during login
   1. 1383: for this bug we have a patch, and SRM agreed to let it in
      lenny. if this doesnt happen til xmas, i propose an upload to
      lenny-test, based on the patch from the debian-bug
   2. maybe upload to lenny test imediately, to test if the fix work.
      prefer to reupload his upload to lenny-test

2.1 Status lenny - #1398: DHCP server stops unexpectedly after less then
    24 hours
   1. fix lenny, backport our version (if itais is right that it is
      fixed in unstable), or switch to static and rewrite lwat to
      restart dhcpd when ldap change)
   2. swithcing to static is safe and working. needs a mechanism to
      restart dhcpd though. (which can be done like the cronjob checking
      for samba(?) changes and restarting samba
   3. noone is activly looking into fix this atm :-( if you start doing
      so, please inform #1398
   4. if there is a cronjob (checking for changes and) restarting dhcpd,
      dnsd could also be restarted
   5. restarting need of dnsd needs to be documented
   6. holger volunteers to document the need to restart if pinged by the
      summary :)
   7. itais will start looking at it in a week

2.1 Status lenny - #1404: Gnash are filling up .xsession-errors
   1. 1404 waits for SRM approval to let it into lenny, else we have a
      fixed package in lenny-test NEW

2.1 Status lenny - #1270: lwat-ticket #14: samba groupmaps are missing
    after installation
   1. agreed to downgrade to p3, if you disagree and can explain why
    #1270 should be p2 please explain in the bug

2.1 Status lenny - #1370 sound should work on thin clients
   1. thinclients use esd, not pulseaudio. so some apps dont work. we
      should switch to PA in the long term (or now, if needed), if sound
      in the browser works as it is (this needs testing!!!), downgrading
      to p3 is ok
   2. check /usr/share/doc/ltsp-server/README.Debian.sound

3.RC1 for xmas? (alpha2 before..)?
   1. AGREED: alpha2 should be released NOW
   2. AGREED: we will try to get rc1 ready ASAP.
   3. that probably requeires putting the known issues into the release
      notes

4. any other business? (like website)
   1. Nothing said about

5. next meeting - next tuesday?!? :)
   1. AGREED: next meeting date shall be decided by a doodle poll,
      holger will set it up, announce tomorrow and we'll decide on
      sunday. the meeting shall be either monday, tuesday or wednesday

Meeting ended at 20:01:48 UTC (full logs).

With best wishes, Jürgen Leibner

--
Jürgen Leibner
GnuPG Key ID: 0x37FF4410