irc meeting summary, october 15th

Hi,

please excuse me for sending this so late. OTOH it's now just in time for the
gathering ;-)

People present:
h01ger
sepski
danielsan
jever
pere
klausade
an3as

full logs:
http://meetbot.debian.net/debian-edu/2009/debian-edu.2009-10-15-19.00.log.html
summary:

Topic 1: Who moderates the meeting and who writes the summary?
--------
sep and h01ger

Topic 2: Lenny status
--------
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Status/Lenny
holger agreed to make a rt ticket to add "lenny" as a version to our bugzilla,
 which by now was done by white.
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/ReleaseNotes need work
we agreed to do a alpha0 prerelease, which was also done by now
we agreed that installation blockers should be set to p1
we agreed that stuff which we must fix for the release should be p2,
 stuff which can wait for a pointrelease (or later) shall be p3+
we agreed on the following (rough) timeline/procedure:
 1. agree on some timeline with an somewhat ambitious aim (ie mid november),
    so that we make it by december 31st ;) :-D
 2. publish the ambitious timeline on debian-devel-announce and call for
    translations of the manual and for help to fix #311188 for squeeze
 3. find agreement that we do a almost perfect release now and fix the fancy
    stuff in a pointrelease 1-3 months later (once we have enough fixes)
 (we need to release somewhat soon, we (=our lenny release) is becoming
  obsolete, people have started to install pure debian instead..)
h01ger volunteered to step up as RM (release manager) and deal with bug
 priorities as discussed above
h01ger will write a mail to d-d-a

Topic 3: Gathering in Oslo 30 oct
--------
http://friprogramvareiskolen.no/Gathering/2009-10-30-01-Oslo
http://lists.debian.org/debian-edu/2009/10/msg00076.html

Topic 4: Certification
--------
k4x who proposed this topic wasnt here, so we skipped it

Topic 5: other business?
--------
the project is running out of funding for gatherings, and we need to do
 something to get more funding.
 see http://www.linuxiskolen.no/slxdebianlabs/donations.html
http://medlem.friprogramvareiskolen.no/index.php but i am not 100% sure i
trust it yet (sepski, 19:58:20)

Topic 6: Next meeting?
--------
AGREED: 21 CET (20 UTC), november 15th
you can volunteer for chairing and writing the summary today! just reply to
this mail :)

regards,
	Holger