Progress on flash (gnash not working for me) with skolelinux lenny

Finally I've been able to get the Lenny DVD to install on the computer I've been having trouble with.  I downloaded the most recent DVD image on October 21st.  Out of the box, gnash was not working -- I got a black screen on youtube videos, for example.  I then proceeded to follow directions on the following link for flash since gnash wasn't working:

http://wiki.debian.org/FlashPlayer

However, I kept getting an error about flash when I tried installing from the backports.  I received the following error:

Setting up flashplugin-nonfree (1:2.5~bpo50+1) ...
gpg failed to import /usr/lib/flashplugin-nonfree/pubkey.asc
Try again later with "update-flashplugin-nonfree --install".
Using '/usr/bin/iceweasel' to provide 'x-www-browser'.

So instead I went to the Adobe flash website, downloaded the .tar.gz file and extracted the file, which is named libflashplayer.so to /usr/lib/iceweasel/plugins/ and then presto, flash videos now work!!!  I'm very excited and am hoping this lenny DVD installs on all my computers so my students can finally use them after two months of school.

I realize many on this list may not want to use Adobe flash for obvious reasons, but Gnash wasn't working out of the box from the default installation (unless there is something I'm supposed to do that I didn't read about after installation is finished).

I'm hoping this might help others who have been struggling with flash.  If anyone knows how to get gnash working, or if it's just a bug that will be fixed eventually, that would be great.

Thanks,

Tim

Also, does anyone know how to disable my email address from showing in the public archives?