help with dictionaries-common Ispell error message during Etch install -- trying to get computers set up for 8th grade classroom

Hello everyone,

I will try diskless clients, but for now I'm still trying to get the DVD install of the release version of Etch to go through fine (and if I remember right I get this same error even with the CD install).

It's occurred on multiple machines, so I don't think it's a hardware issue.  I also bought new DVD drives in case it was the drive failing, and also burnt additional CDs in case it was the CD, and in every case I get the following error:

Dictiniaries-common: Ispell dictionary
Installation step failed.

An installation step failed.  You can try to run the faliing item again from the menu, or skip it and choose something else.  The failing step is:  Select and install software

Continue

What's weird is that the 'select and install software' step goes to at least 70 %, so everything is installing fine, but for some reason it just can't get past the above error.

Then when I try to redo the step it just keeps failing, almost as if it can't read the DVD drive anymore -- but it's a brand new DVD drive.

Does anyone know a workaround for this?

Thanks so much,

Tim