question -- 8th grade teacher needing skolelinux 5.0 ASAP

Hello, I'm an 8th grade teacher and have tried installing skolelinux 3.0 but run into problems with it quite often.

I'm wondering is the development version of skolelinux 5.0 (based on lenny) stable enough for me to use on a classroom set of 6 or 7 computers where all the computers log-on to the server that's next to my desk in the classroom.

I've noticed the most recent upload for the DVD for skolelinux 5.0 was uploaded on Oct 16th....last time I checked there were some issues with the one that was posted back in September.

It's such a big file (over 4 gb)  that I don't want to spend a day downloading it just to find out there are major bugs still -- so I'm hoping if anyone can tell me if the latest version on ftp://ftp.skolelinux.no/cd-lenny-dvd/ will install, or if there are major bugs still that prevent me from using it.

If it's not stable enough, when will the first release version be available?

Thanks so much,

Tim