Re: How should we handle bug reports from our users ?

On Sun, 30 Aug 2009, Arnt Ove Gregersen wrote:

  On the new homepage we wish to make it easy for our users to submit bug
  reports.
  How can we best do that ? I guess some of our users are not able to use
  bugzilla.
  On the current "Report a bug" page the users is asked to send an email to
  [1]bugs@skolelinux.no with as much details as possible.
  [2]http://joomla.slx.no/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=86&Item
  id=88&lang=en
  I have gotten feedback that this is not a good solution, because it requires
  some people to be on that mail alias and process all the bug reports and it
  is most likely not that many people that is willing to do this.
  I am not sure how this process works now, but a another possible solution is
  to have them report to a web forum or a user mailing list .
  Please help me find a good solution here if we are not confident that our
  current bug reporting system works very well.

I use for my company, request-tracker, and the DSA is using it too. It
has a mailgateway, so mails will open tickets, which can be processed
like in bugzilla.

the question is, who should resolve those bugs.
- is it a team of people
- is it a mailing list full of people
- a forum?

I don't like forums just because normally they just a pool of
semi-wrong information.

--
Florian Reitmeir