Experiences upgrading LTSP

Dear list,

just a short remark on our trial upgrading an Debian Edu 2.0 LTSP to
Lenny. Step by step we had been upgrading groups of packages, until at
one point thin clients wouldn't start any more.

We realized that dhcpd.conf had been rewritten to use LDAP (so we
restored the old version), then pxe*.0 was dysfunctional, we replaced it
by some file from another package to get further - but then we were at
the state where NFS mount missed its path.

On IRC we were told, that old changeroot wouldn't harmonize with Lenny
versions of LTSP & co. Probably something with NBD vs. NFS mount.
Thanks Pere and Itais ;)

Patrick at this state was eager to fix things manually - TFTP should do
the job anyway - but in the end doing a ltsp-build-clients was the only
way to fix it. To learn from this, it would be interesting what
interactions between the changeroot core and its serving "shell" lead to
dysfunctional kakophonia.

Thanks
Kind regards
Ralf