RE: debian edu irc meeting minutes 20090617

[Ronny Aasen - Thursday, June 18, 2009 9:41 AM]

> === 2. Lenny status ===
> lenny-test netinstalls should be back to normal. Testing is still
> needed for most of the issues on the Status page [1] and the buglist

I last tested on Jun. 11 netinstall of main+ltsp, the test was not complete
as I actually wanted to check an issue with a second optical drive
(non-priority #1341) so ltsp builder wasn't really tested.
Other than that installation worked O.K.

>  * #1315 - Choose debian edu profile in expert mode - have been tested
> by sepski, di 5.0.2 should allow closing this bug
This was already workable since end May, just ugly with those three empty
lines.

>  * #1328 - Iceweasel refuses to connect to https - Commits have been
> seen for this, but testing is needed.
I only tested this locally by invoking cfengine but not during installation,
hope I didn't brake anything.

I'd like to echo Klaus Ade's request:
<klausade> sepski: could you perhaps send a mail to the list when you need
testers?
Then I'll give it a run or two from netinstall.

> === 3. debconf9 plans? ===
> july 16th is debcamp, july 24th is debconf, ends on the 31st.
>
>  * vagrantc announced he will be at debconf from the 16th, and attend
> the whole thing.
>  * pere announced he will leave for debconf the 23th

If all goes well I'd attend from 18th July (effectively 19th).
Holger will sure be there but probably tied up.
Kurt Gramlich has long ago indicated he was: 'planing to be there and to
give a talk about our success in Germany. I would like to help on activities
for Debian-Edu at debconf9/DebCamp.'

It would be nice if we'll make some plans for work there.
Considering the location I thought it may be an opportunity to discuss and
work with our colleagues at Linex on closing the gap:
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/LinEx2DebianEdu-Roadmap
Even though it 'looks like we'll still be working on our lenny release'.

Odd.