RE: should iceweasel really be the default browser?
- To: <email@example.com>
- Subject: RE: should iceweasel really be the default browser?
- From: "Oded Naveh" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 23:37:00 +0300
- Message-id: <E4B9552437EF40B5AB7D68E429E62FC9@static00>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
[Holger Levsen - Sunday, April 26, 2009 7:49 PM]
> <h01ger> what doesnt work is going to http://www in iceweasel.
> http://127.0.0.1 works, and in konqueror http://www works as well
I think the reason for this behavior is actually in squid.
A recent installation is missing the
'append_domain .intern' in /etc/squid/squid.conf
Adding this option solves the problem.
This is strange since I see no change in /etc/cfengine/debian-edu/cf.squid
which is responsible to set this option.
It may suggest a problem with cfengin?
Konqueror is not affected since it defaults to "automatically detect proxy
from wpad.dat which bypass proxy for local addresses,
while Iceweasel defaults to "Use system proxy settings" from the
this to the "auto-detect proxy..." setting would also solve this problem.
> <h01ger> considering the ssl certificate problems in iceweasel (or
> rather, the loud warnings), i'm considering whether its useful to
> make iceweasel the default browser
Any news from the CA work?