Re: Recent lwat changes

Hi,

I've now upload lwat 0.18~beta-1 to lenny-test, it's currently awaiting NEW
processing.

On Samstag, 4. April 2009, John S. Skogtvedt wrote:
> Last sunday I commited a change to lwat svn which makes it possible to
> have separate first name and last name in LDAP. This is useful e.g. for
> Moodle's LDAP support, which expects separate first and last names.
>
> The LDAP setup in Skolelinux doesn't currently support this, and I'm not
> sure what the best way of adding it is. For my testing I used
> inetOrgPerson, but that conflicts with imapUser, and it seems that the
> mail setup depends on the mailMessageStore attribute.

I've not touched this. Ideas anyone?

> To enable the DHCP support, $updateDHCP = true; has to be set in
> config.php.

As this is set in the examples/config.php I believe this should be enabled on
new installations as well.

> Question: should it be possible to select a DHCP group? DHCP groups can
> be used to set custom parameters for a group of hosts, which might be
> useful in some cases.

I think that would be a neat feature. Think "DHCP group thinclients" or
workstations or...

The full changelog reads:

lwat (0.18~beta-1) unstable; urgency=low

  * Non-maintainer upload to be able to test the newly added DHCP support in
    lwat with Debian Edu.
  * New, unreleased upstream version.
  * Added depends to php-net-ipv4.

 -- Holger Levsen <holger@debian.org>  Sun, 26 Apr 2009 13:46:07 +0200

I guess if needed+wished I could+would join the maintainers team...

regards,
	Holger