Re: Changes in code to create debian/control + tasks.desc file

[Andreas Tille]
> But there is a difference in the debian-edu-tasks.desc file which is
> attached to this mail as debian-edu-tasks.desc.diff.  The entries
> for the following tasks are just missing:

>    education-lang-he
>    education-lang-ja
>    education-lang-zh_TW
>
> Regarding the algorithm I implemented this is perfectly intended
> behaviour because the tasks do not feature any dependency at all
> and the Packages: list in the output of the old (=0.6.2, currently
> in unstable) version is empty anyway.  So I actually wonder
> what the sense of these entries might be and whether these make
> sense at all.  So if you ask me it is rather a feature than a
> bug to leave these entries out in the tasksel desc file but I would
> like to hear your opinion about this first before I upload the
> package.  If the entries are needed for whatever purpose I probably
> have to enhance the code to make sure that the tasksel input file
> remains unchanged.

These tasks are markers to know that the language was selected during
installation, and are used to make sure the education-lang-*-desktop
tasks have a task to enhance.  These tasks might also be used to
install non-desktop related packages when the languages are selected,
as is done with some languages - the command line spell checking tools
are installed.  Here is the relevant part:

  Task: education-lang-he
  Section: debian-edu
   This metapackage depends on various office and desktop applications
   that are useful for teachers and their students.
  Relevance: 10
  Test-always-lang: he
  Packages: list

  Task: education-lang-he-desktop
  Section: debian-edu
   This metapackage depends on various office and desktop applications
   that are useful for teachers and their students.
  Relevance: 10
  Enhances: education-desktop-other, education-lang-he
  Packages: list
   libfribidi0
   culmus
   aspell-he
   hspell
   myspell-he
   openoffice.org-l10n-he
   openoffice.org-help-he
   iceweasel-l10n-he

Removing education-lang-he will break education-lang-he-desktop and
education-lang-he-desktop-kde, as they will claim to enhance a
non-existing task.

I am not sure if this is the best way to do it, but it was the way I
came up with that worked.

Happy hacking,