Re: no more regular installations CDs for lenny?

Holger Levsen wrote:
Hi,

currently we have two types of CDs for lenny(-test) (plus DVDs):

- a amd64-i386-powerpc-CD which is a netinstall CD
- three arch-specific CDs which used to install Debian Edu without network,
  but dont work without network nowadays. According to Vagrant a main+
thinclientserver downloads 1.1G, so there is not really room to trim that down to work from CD.

So I would suggest to just drop the arch-specific CDs, as they dont provide much benefits. Even poor schools should have one DVD-drive by now (and we should IMO rather get usbstick-installs working than wasting time on such CDs) or can use the netinstall CD, because they are behind a proxy.

What do you think?

regards,
	Holger
I agree completely, it will release resources for doing the other builds, perhaps more frequently. Reduce the complexity of the build environment. And the workload of the build admins.

Ronny Aasen