meeting summary, 2009-02-19

Hi,

this is the summary of the Debian Edu IRC meeting which took place at
2009-02-19 20 UTC in #debian-edu on irc.debian.org.

The full log is available at
http://meetbot.debian.net/meetbot/debian-edu.log.20090219_2001.html

Agenda at http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Meeting

1- who writes the summary?

as you can see, me.

2- How to deal with backscatter on the list

Agreed: no need for moderation at the current time.

3- Lenny status

debian-cd is upgraded to the latest upstream debian-cd version. and all our
current images are building and booting

all the lenny-test-* images need testing, Instructions how to test are
available at http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/HowTo/TestCDinstall

we also need to write documentation and some uprade instruction. the skeleton
is at http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Lenny

for getting lenny out, we need testers, bugreports and people fixing stuff :)

4- flashlugin-nonfree-extrasound for etch

agreed: there were no objections to move flashplugin-nonfree-extrasound to
from etch-test to etch, so this has been done by now.

So now finally etch has the same packages as etch-test.

5- etch r2 cds?

Several actions have been agreed upon:
- drop etch-test building
- reenable building of etch media
- remove old *-test iso's
- get rid of old (woody/sarge) non release images

we could test the etch images and if they are fine, copy away and call+release
them as r2. they are based on debian etch r8.

Ronny will ask frisk for money for to buy disks, so that we can overcome the
disk space restraints we are regulary fighting with.

6- other topics ?

Andreas is working on http://udd.debian.net/ and wants to merge information
about our packages there.

7- next meeting

Next irc meeting: Monday, March 16th, 20:00 UTC (21:00 CET)

People who said something during the meeting:

h01ger
sepski
jever
an3as