Re: FAQ: last@LTSP; nx

Onsdag 18. februar 2009 15:03, skrev RalfGesellensetter:
> dear list,
>
> all documentations I found on our wiki pages seem to be outdated.
> Probably I was not patient enough - please forgive me and lead me to
> answers:
>
> I need "last" working on LTSP servers to tell who is/was logged in.
> It did work in sarge, but doesn't in etch.

There is an update to ltsp available for etch, that adds this option. Or
you can add it manualle, just find the line
in /opt/ltsp/i386/usr/sbin/ldm that contains "ssh_opts" and make it
look like "ssh_opts = ['-v','-t','-t',"

Aah, here it is http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=485795

the patch says to add -t once, I believe I had to add i twice before it
worked, can you find out what is correct? After fixing ldm, you must
restarte the thinclient.

> A quick installation of nxserver didn't work out of the box. I need
> to tweak some rules to use a nxuser group AFAIR - but how exactly?

I never had to to any tweaking to get nx running. I just add the "deb
http://krnl.nl/freenx/ ./" to sources.list, and install freenx.

--
Klaus Ade
Mobil:93869567