Re: Showcase Appliance for Schools

Am Samstag 22 November 2008 schrieb Jonas Smedegaard:
> I threw together an info system a couple of years ago, for a
> gymnastics, climbing and sports center

Dear Jonas,

thanks for these insights. Sticking to mere images seems clever to me as
long as all connected dispalys have the same resolution. Otherwise
scaling might be a problem.

As soon as you have more than one display, a pull system seems to be
optimal (as you need not tell the server about further displays).
On the other hand, it will be the server knowing when there is time for
an update. What is your solution here? Do you use any sockets that are
running as multiple instances on server side?

Cheers
Regards
Ralf