Re: Volunteer to renew devcamp equipment boxes

Sun, 14 Sep 2008 14:16:50 +0200 Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

The content of the test equipment boxes we use a the development camps
are a bit outdated.  We need a volunteer to update their content.  The
budget is 30-50 000 (I do not remember the exact figure), and the job
to do is first to gather feedback on what is needed, and next to order
the equpment and prepare the containers for the new equipment.  The
current content is listed on
<URL:http://friprogramvareiskolen.no/Gathering/devcamp-boxes>.
Anyone volunteer to coordinate and do this?
The boxes are currently located at a storage room at Linpro, Storo in
Oslo.  Werner and Jørgen got access to the storage room.
Anyone got an opinion on what should be included in the next
generation devcamp boxes?

I thought I'd try to fix this before the gathering in December. Anyone who has suggestions to what equipment should be included - please speak up.

Initially I'd say a machine or two that could be used as servers, a few different clients, and one or two laptops. Should all equipment be compatible with some specific kernel version out-of-the-box, or is it better to have some different equipment, and then make lenny work with the equipment in question?

Bjarne Nielsen