RE: Upgrade to Lenny (+Lenny-test).

Thanks Vagrant,
I was hopping you'd pick up my call, spot on as usual.
With the information you provided I easily got past the boot process, yet
some small differences may be of interest:

> From: Vagrant Cascadian on Sunday, November 16, 2008 7:22 PM
>
> seems like you've got an outdated
> /var/lib/tftpboot/ltsp/i386/pxelinux.cfg/default ...
>
> should contain "boot=nfs", if it doesn't, it'll fall back to
> the NBD related hooks, which are not default on Debian.
	Indeed "boot=nfs" is missing at
/var/lib/tftpboot/ltsp/i386/pxelinux.cfg/default
Naively adding it there make the thin-clients get past this point but there
are display problems.

> try running:
>
>   ltsp-update-kernels
>
> if that doesn't update it...
						Didn't.

> if you've got an /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/update-kernels.conf, you
> may need to update (add boot=nfs to BOOTPROMPT_OPTS) it and run:
>
>   chroot /opt/ltsp/i386 /usr/lib/ltsp/update-kernels
>   ltsp-update-kernels
>
> if you've got a /etc/ltsp/ltsp-update-kernels.conf, update it
> (add boot=nfs to
> BOOTPROMPT_OPTS) and run:
>
>   ltsp-update-kernels.

I've got neither,
I have /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/ltsp/update-kernels.conf (added boot=nfs to
BOOTPROMPT_OPTS)
I haven't got /opt/ltsp/i386 /usr/lib/ltsp/update-kernels (no such file or
directory)
But I have  /opt/ltsp/i386/usr/share/ltsp/update-kernels (Shell script)
So I tried:
	chroot /opt/ltsp/i386
	/usr/share/ltsp/update-kernels
Still didn't pull the trick.
I created /etc/ltsp/ltsp-update-kernels.conf then ran:
	ltsp-update-kernels
That had put the boot=nfs option in
/var/lib/tftpboot/ltsp/i386/pxelinux.cfg/default
Now a thin-client boots all the way to LDM login screen missing artwork,
login successful to desktop,
Shell login fails with message "Login incorrect", this has happened also
with Etch.

What do you make of these differences in files locations?
I have ltsp-server 5.1.10-2 installed.

Other questions, not exclusively for Vagrant:
What need be done to solve the bug in installation system or is it in the
ltsp-server package?
What are the reasons NBD is used elsewhere but not in Debian?

Cheers, Odd.