chroot on another computer

I have a strange question for you.
The DWS (diskless workstations) loads the full system from the chroot
(/opt/ltsp/i386).

1-If I copy that on a hard disk of another computer, do you think it's
possible to boot from it?
In theory there's all the needed stuff, it should be a matter of
chainging the boot method.
How would you do that?

2-how does the the ltsp-make-client script works?
it kind of install a list of predefined packages or install the same
packages installed on the ltsp server?
(I'm wondering if there's a clever way to keep syncronized the ltsp
server with the chroot envirorment that is not installing the same
thing 2 times).

Bye