Re: r55307 - in trunk/src/debian-edu: debian tasks

[Holger Levsen]
> Log:
> Make the nonfree firmwares a suggests not a depends.

Note that we need these firmware packages to be on the CD and DVD to
make sure the hardware work.  Using suggests will not make that
happen, which is why I used Depends (Recommends would only make it
show up on the DVD, not the CD).  The alternative is to list them in
the hint files.

If I understand
<URL:http://womble.decadent.org.uk/blog/for-those-who-care-about-firmware>
correctly, more firmware packages are to come soon.  Espeially the
disk, ethernet, wifi and video driver firmware packages are required
for schools to be able to continue to use their existing hardware.
Some of the other drivers can probably be left until after the
installer is done.

Happy hacking,