Re: Problem starting diskless workstation

The problem you are discribing is probably that the user can't mount his home directory. Add a user to the LTSP server and try to login. This way you will use the local home folder. If this works, you should check if /skole/tjener/home0/... is mounted on the LTSP server. If not check if automount is running or start it manually: /etc/init.d/automount start

do let everyone access via NFS:
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-5-manual/Deployment_Guide-en-US/s1-nfs-server-config-exports.html
It is redhat manual, but the config file is the same.

Sebastiaan
Valerio Pachera wrote:
Actualy I'm doing everythong from virtualbox and I'm using terra
updated to etch half.
Don't think about bridges because I get the same problem using
internal networking.

Actualy I have a problem also with TC:
Thinclients starts and arrive to the ldm login screen.
When I try to log in with a user, it seems to do it but then the
screen stay balck, then I shows a console for less then a second and
goes black again and continue with this loop.
I sse the mouse pointer till the screen is black.
What can this behavior caused by?
(The thin client is still loading the 2.6.18 kernel).

I tried to change the network card of the DWS to see if that could
work but it didn't.

PS: I do not whant to add each WS/DWS to lwat, how do I have to change
/etc/exports to do allow them to mount the homes?