Re: Etch half

2008/10/2 Valerio Pachera <sirio81@gmail.com>:
> Hi all, did any of you update to etch half?
> Does it work?
>
> Did you update also the ltsp envirormet (chroot)? Did it work?
>
> More in general, do I have to do anything special to use another
> kernel for the ltsp envirorment?

Well...I did it, but I did somethin else too (to mess things up:)
I made dist-upgrade on my debianedu installation. Before even try it,
I crate an image of its partition with partimage (i have main, ltsp,
workstation profile in one sistem on a single partition). After
several day, I restored this image into a virtual machine (virtual
box). I adjusted fstab, menu.lst, xorg.conf and it works.

Problem: the network does not worl as aspected. The two "fake"
ethernet card are called eth3 and eth4 instead of eth0 and eth2.
I gues there's some association between mac address and device name.
They have no ip address assigned.
When I try to open http://www i obtain the error "impossible to
connect to host proxy webcache at port 3128".
(the same happen with the new kernel).

What do you suggest to have the network working again?

PS: I would like later to have an image of a workstation to restore
easily by net using partimage. I guess I'm going to have the same
problem restoring it on different computers.

Thanks.