Re: What is wrong with the desktop-profile entries in debian-edu-config?

On Wednesday 2008-09-03, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Bart Cornelis]
> > however, As I'm currently unable to install lenny-test in qemu (main-
> > server+workstation) I haven't been able to test on lenny yet.
> >
> > The installation breaks on installation step 'select and install
> > software'.
> >
> > /var/log/syslog has the following errors at that time:
> > main-menu[869]: WARNING **: Configuring 'pkgsel' failed with error code
> > 1 main-menu[869]: WARNING **: Menu item 'pkgsel' failed
>
> I would guess the disk is full.  Too small virtual disk?  I use 16 GB
> myself.

yep that did it (so apperently 6 GB is to small, 10 GB works)

> > hm, can't see any problems in the listing file, and KDEDIRS is set
> > correctly on my unstable system when I make sure the profile
> > conditions are met.
>
> Hm.  It fail for the root user when I log in just after installation.

found the problem:
debian-edu-config added profiles but doesn't update the profile cache
(which didn't exist in etch's desktop-profile version)
-> running /usr/bin/update-profile-cache fixes the problem
-> fixed in svn
--
Cheers, Cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis)