Re: Sugar on debian

* David Farning <dfarning@sugarlabs.org> [080715 20:41]:

> Hey all,
>
> I am wonder what the interest level is in make a DebianEdu version that
> is based on the Sugar desktop.

big interest from Germany ;-)

> As you may have heard< OLPC is in the process of spinning off Sugar
> development to Sugar Labs.
>
> In addition to developing Sugar for OLPC we making Sugar more available
> to mainstream distributions.  Jonas, has been doing a great job
> packaging Sugar. As a result of his feed back, we are working to create
> better communication channels with distribution as well as make tar ball
> more available.

Yes, Jonas is doing a great job.

> Jonas,
> We are going to continue using sugar@laptop.org as our main development
> list until the traffic get high enough to warrant a split.  The
> difference will more cultural as we recognize the importance of the
> community in improving and spreading sugar.
>
> I has subscribed to this list to better understand your project.  Please
> feel free to ask general sugar questions here.   Technical question are
> better handled at sugar@laptop.org.
>
> thanks
> dfarning

thanks for subscribing here!

The German team of skolelinux has helped to develop the XO-LiveCD to push the
development and to spread the information about OLPC. We found a
sponsor who has financed 1000 LiveCds.

Thanks to Wolfgang Rohmoser and his LiveBackup tool.

So lets join forces, I would like to have the Sugar desktop on
DebianEdu/Skolelinux.

Regards/AmicaLinuxement/Saludos/Viele Gruesse!
Kurt Gramlich
Projektleitung skolelinux.de
--
kurt@skolelinux.de