Re: automount share not works

Claudio Carboncini skrev:
> Hi,
> I created in skole/tjener the directory named public (777) and I shared
> with samba. It works fine with samba.
>
> For linux share with nfs I used lwat and these are the operations that I
> made:
>
> automount / browse / skole / tjener
> the button "new automount share"
> i wrote public (same level of home0)
> and add button.
>
> In /etc/exports I add
> /skole/tjener/public (rw, async, no_subtree_check)

Did you remember to restart nfs as well, either by using
 sudo invoke-rc.d nfs-kernel-server reload

or by using exportfs directly
 sudo exportfs -r

> In a previous post I saw this command that I run
> # ldapsearch -xLLL cn=public
>
> this is the answer
>
> dn: cn=public,ou=tjener,ou=skole,ou=Automount,dc=skole,dc=skolelinux,dc=no
> objectClass: top
> objectClass: automount
> cn: public
> automountInformation: -rw,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,intr
> tjener:/skole/tjener/publ
>  ic
>
> However, the shared directory public does not appear in any Linux machine.

It wont appear before you try to go there. It's like walking through a
wall without a door. It works, but until anyone has gone there, you wont
see the door. AS long as a user on the machine you are working on has
used the share the last minute or so, you will see the share.

> Some help?

Hope this helps

--
Finn-Arne Johansen