Re: Project idea for developer - check and clean up the default menu

El jue, 29-05-2008 a las 17:24 +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen escribió:
> The KDE and Debian menu in Debian Edu is confusing.  It also contain
> to many entries, according to feedback from schools.  To reduce the
> confusion, and perhaps also the problem with too many entries, I have
> a project proposal for some technically skilled person.
>
>  (1) Produce a textual representation of the current menu structure,
>      both for the Debian menu (/usr/share/menu/( and the KDE menu
>      (/usr/share/applnk/).
>
>  (2) Analyze the structure, and make sure all Debian menu entries are
>      using one of the sections listed in <URL:
>      http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/menu.html/ch3.html#s3.5>.
>      See if some of them should be moved to a different and more
>      appropriate section.
>
>  (3) See if any of the KDE menu entries should be moved.
>
>  (4) Report bugs to BTS requesting a change in the Debian or KDE menu
>      location.
>
> I assume something similar should be done for the Gnome menu
> structure, but I do not know anything about it.  Make sure to usertag
> the bugs so that they show up on
> <URL:http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?usertag=debian-edu@lists.debian.org>.

When using KDE or Gnome, do you think that keeping Debian menu makes
sense? It just duplicate (with a poor graphic interface) most of what is
already in the desktop.org menus.
And for the desktops menus, using education-menus package (with users
in the students and teachers groups) the structure is pretty clean in
Gnome or KDE.