Re: Re: Best way to install Java JAR files (java packaging)

Ralf,

If you go a bit into the business of packaging Java applications, feel free to contact me so that we can team together. It will be more fun for both.

I checked a while ago that many java applications are packaged by the debian-java team using cdbs. If the application does not contain dependencies outside of the JDK or its dependencies are already packaged, it should be relatively easy to package with cdbs from source. I can give you a hand with that.

Cheers,
--
Pablo Pita Leira