Re: Cron <builder@administrator> nice make -s -C $HOME/src/debian-edu/src/build/CD-administrator check-and-build

On Sat, 5 Apr 2008, Holger Levsen wrote:

Andreas, Winnie and me have located this error, Winnie will fix this with new
debian-edu uploads and Andreas will take measures that cdd-dev will
complain+prevent this in future.

Status update. Andreas refuses to do anything for the moment (reasons
are given below) ;-)

It was caused by running "touch tasks/common; make debian/control" (for the
debian-edu package) while debian/changelog still had "UNRELEASED" as the
section.

Extract of #merida

<andreas> h01ger:  I think the issue with check-and-build is not really for me
<andreas> make dist  just does not work with UNRELEASED
<andreas> IMHO check-and-build just works on the latest SVN and if you use UNRELEASED as target distribution it can not work as well - which sounds reasonable
<andreas> I guess the distribution UNRELEASED just was not used before and nobody noticed.
<andreas> So either stick to always use a valid distribution in SVN (as in the past)
<andreas> or define some reasonable default for check-and-build
<andreas> Anybody checked in a debian/changelog with UNRELEASED and according to this changelog it was h01ger
<h01ger> andreas, why is it important what is checked in in svn at any time?
<h01ger> (UNRELEASED)
<andreas> h01ger: Because YOU (or somebody under skolelinux.no) are running a cron job / a job triggered by a commit
<andreas> Please do not blame me for running jobs on skolelinux.no

Kind regards

     Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de