Re: Asus EEe Box boot problems
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
On Tue, Nov 04, 2008 at 08:29:37AM +0100, Ole-Anders Andreassen wrote:
>I've just bought some Asus Eee Boxes to test in a SLX-network.
>So fare it has been disappointing. The boot stops after this lines:
Skolelinux/debian-edu is based heavily on Debian.
So generallty, when trying some hardware with Skolelinux/Debian-edu, a
good approach is to first test with vanilla Debian.
Similarly, when searching for info on hardware working or not with
Skolelinux/Debian-edu, here's a few good places to look (prioritized):
1. http://wiki.debian.org/ (search titles for yourhardware)
2. http://wiki.debian.org/ (search content/text for yourhardware)
3. Google (search for "yourhardware site:debian.org")
4. Google (search for "debian yourhardware)
5. Google (search for "linux yourhardware)
Specifically, first search above for eee revealed 157 pages about the
eeepc, most prominently this one: http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEeePC
mentioning kernel bugs fixed in october this year, which indicates only
newest kernels are good for this machine: Current releases of
Skolelinux/Debian-edu most probably won't work out-of-the-box with this
Hope tht helps - also others considering _other_ hardware than this.
* Jonas Smedegaard - idealist og Internet-arkitekt
* Tlf.: +45 40843136 Website: http://dr.jones.dk/
[x] quote me freely [ ] ask before reusing [ ] keep private
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----