Re: does anyone know a substitution for CrystalMaker

>From Carlo Segre on Sept.8th
>many of these work better with large molecules, such as proteins.

Yes, I know this, and I've used some softwares.

>Avogadro is  probably a better choice for what you describe.  It imports many >different kinds of formats.

Yes, I think so.

>I also use Ghemical but it does not have the ability to visualize polyhedra and >it has a sort of funky interface.

Well, I used Ghemical for teaching organic chemistry, it's very useful
in organic molecular struction. And I think you are right, the interface
is not convenient.

>From Xu Benda on Sept.7th
>I use gcrystal, which is very easy to use and good for paedagogical  purpose. >As a student I've used that for my solid state physics class.

Yes, thank you, and I'd like to try this software.

>From Andreas Tille on Sept.7th
>I would like to remember that there is a good overview about the chemistry
>related packages at
>    http://cdd.alioth.debian.org/edu/tasks/chemistry.html
>which are listed as relevent for Debian Edu.  The list of Debian Science
>is much more complete:
>    http://cdd.alioth.debian.org/science/tasks/chemistry.html

I have an advice, remove this link
    http://cdd.alioth.debian.org/edu/tasks/chemistry.html
because I think it's spare. Why we need this if there is a much more
complete source in http://cdd.alioth.debian.org/science/tasks/chemistry.html?
Or maybe merge these two will be another good idea.

At last, I deeply appreciate your helps! Thank you all!
--
Regards,