Re: Criteria for educational software

Am Montag 08 September 2008 schrieb Andreas Tille:
> This aspect seems to be reasonable at first glance, but I feel
> unhappy with this.

Dear Andreas,

of course, I agree: This aspect is beyond any facts but could help us to
find prosective packages. It was meant as a sufficient condition 0 (not
as a necessary condition).

Likewise, we could tag (thanks Jonas!) applications that belong to a
category of software that must be taught by any curricula
(like "Office", "Spreadsheet") etc. - but then there might be more fit
instances for that class (we don't need Gnumeric + KSpread + OOCalc).

Regarding usability: Unless there are approved use cases (condition 0) I
would doubt that non-X applications match educational tasks.

In order to merge in an approved taxonomy for educational software, I'd
like to point once more to the GnuEdu project. But in any case, we will
have a multidimensional structure that can not be represented in a 2D
grid or by a simpe tree hierarchy.

Thanks for reading
Ralf.