Re: groups and homes

Torsdag 14 august 2008 05:56, skrev nigel barker:
> Dear All,
>
> If I want home directories corresponding to the year group, eg.
> home09 (for the class of 2009), and group 2009, then I supposed that
> i should use lwat to create an automount share home09 and a group
> 2009.
> But then what do I do? I want to be able to add users to that group,
> and have their homes created in home09.
>
> thanks!
>
> nigel

If you want to do such things using lwat, simply add a stanza like this
to the file /etc/lwat/admin.ini :

[2009]
ou = "ou=People,%base%"
objectClass = top posixAccount shadowAccount imapUser sambaSamAccount
homeDirectory = /skole/tjener/home0/2009/%username%
groups = none students 2009
loginShell = /bin/bash
mailMessageStore = /var/lib/maildirs/%username%

Oh, and remember to create the 2009 group before you add these users.
This stanza simply adds then on top off home0, if you want them
somewhere else, using another automount, then you use lwat to add that
automount, and change the homeDirectory string in admini.ini
corespondingly.

--
Klaus Ade
Mobil:93869567