sugar/olpc on .deb

1.  I found out today that some developers are having trouble pushing
Sugar/OLPC localizations upstream.

The issue is the scalability of our pootle servers.

If anyone has localizations that they would like to push, I will do what
I can to help move things along.

2. There is concern about the complexity of the current packages
packages for debian.  Instead of merging and syncing from debian, the
ubuntu packagers are starting to package straight from Sugar Labs
tarballs.

We should strive to keep the package as simple as possible.  Whatever we
build, schools are going to have to maintain for years.

Jonas has offered to look into the situation.

3.  Any other ways I can help improve sugar in .debs.

thanks
dfarning