Re: Disable ~/.xsession-errors by default?

[Holger Levsen]
> why redirect to /dev/null? I'd think that overwriting the file on
> each login would also keep the disk from filling up, while at the
> same time keeping the information available.

Because some programs can fill the disk during one login, with
gigabyte of messages, and thus make it impossible to log in again.
I'm told gimp is one such program.  I have not checked gimp myself,
but know there are programs that are very verbose to stdout and
stderr.

Until all such programs are fixed, the messages need to be thrown away
to avoid the problem.

Happy hacking,